Note: The English version of this Agreement is the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is any discrepancy between the English version and the other versions.
GS Sharestocks LTD, and its related entities hereafter “the Company”, is responsible for the protection of the privacy and the safeguarding of clients’ personal and financial information. By opening a trading account with the Company, the client hereby gives its consent to such collection, processing, storage and use of personal information by the Company as explained below.
- The collection of personal informationThe Company collects the necessary information required to open a client’s trading account, perform transactions and safeguard the clients’ assets and privacy and to provide clients with the services they require. In this respect, the Company gathers information from clients and may, in certain circumstances, gather information from banks and/or credit agencies, and/or clearing agencies and/or other sources which will help the Company to construct the clients’ profile based on their requirements and preferences in order to provide its services effectively.
The information the Company collects includes information required to communicate with and identify its clients. The Company may also collect certain demographic information, including, birth date, education, occupation, etc. The Company also assesses trading related information.
- Usage of personal informationThe Company uses clients’ personal information only as required to provide quality service and security to its clients. This information helps the Company to improve its services, customize browsing experience and enables it to inform its clients of additional products, services or promotions relevant to clients and in this respect the clients hereby consent to the usage of this data for such purposes.
If the clients do not want to receive information of this nature for any reason, they can contact the Company at the following address: www.invest.com
- Protection of personal informationAny personal information provided by the client to the Company will be treated as confidential and shared only within the Company and its affiliates and will not be disclosed to any third party except under any regulatory or legal proceedings. In case such disclosure is required to be made by law or any regulatory authority, it will be made on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, unless otherwise instructed by the regulatory authority. Under such circumstances, the Company shall expressly inform the third party regarding the confidential nature of the information.
- Affiliates and PartnersThe Company may share information with affiliates in the event such information is reasonably required by such affiliate in order to provide the products or services to its clients. The Company may share information with partners, affiliates and associates in order to offer additional similar products and services that meet clients’ needs and which are delivered in a manner that is useful and relevant only where clients have authorized the Company to do so.
The Company reserves the right to disclose personal information to third parties where required by Law, regulatory and other government authority. The Company may also disclose information as necessary to credit reporting or collection agencies as reasonably required in order to provide the services to Company and/or its clients.
In addition, the Company may engage third parties to help carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, client service, client satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to its business. Use of the shared information is strictly limited to the performance of the above and is not permitted for any other purpose. All third parties with which the Company shares personal information are required to protect such personal information in accordance with all relevant legislation and in a manner similar to the way the Company protects the same. The Company will not share personal information with third parties which it considers will not provide its clients the required level of protection.
In cases where clients have been introduced by a Business Introducer, such Business Introducer may have access to clients’ information. Hence, clients hereby consent to the sharing of information with such Business Introducer.
- Contact ClientsFrom time to time the Company may contact clients whether by phone or email for the purpose of offering them further information about the Company’s contract for differences trading. In addition the Company may, on occasion, seek to contact clients, whether by phone or by email, for the purpose of informing them of unique promotional offerings provided by the Company for the client. Clients consent to the receipt of such contact when they consent to our terms and conditions of use when registering with the Company. Any person wishing to opt out of further contact with the Company at any time whatsoever is entitled to do so, simply by contacting the Company whether by phone or email and requesting that no further contact on behalf of the Company be made.